Great Music I Discovered Over The Christmas Break

I am taking a break from the business of running Fleurtations to tell you about some great music I have found during the break and discuss some of the latest film releases, but first I must give a huge thank you to ALL of our customers worldwide from Singapore to Israel, Afghanistan to the Bahamas, who have supported us this year. We have worked very hard on the site and have been rewarded with top five Google positions for most of our Keywords. Some of them have, unfortunately, taken the slow boat to China, thanks to some of the new algorithm tweaks, but we are working on restoring them to their former glory, anyway, thank you again for all of your support, it has been much appreciated.
Back to the music, people that know me well simply buy music vouchers as my ideal present because it means that I can, at some point, have a rummage through my local music shops searching for some long lost gems or that brand new piece of original brilliance. With this in mind I have uncovered some wonderful stuff, I begin with a new band called "the Scoundrels" (pictured below)they who released an EP in 2011 called "Sniff it Up" which included this song "Just Can't See It Through" which you can find on iTunes and costs 79pence to download, well worth a listen.
Also came across a classic duet between Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart singing a version of "I'd Rather Go Blind", if you already know about Joe Bonamassa you will know that the bluesy guitar playing is sublime but it's the voice of Beth Hart that gives the song it's backbone, wonderful stuff, see youTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXgZZkPP14
If you like a slight Jazzy feel this album by Joe Henry called "Blood from Stars" is wonderful, lots of 30's style horns and piano with an early Tom Waits stlye voice, check out this song "The man I keep Hid" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQATmHhHrlM
Lastly, a friend of mine recommended this guy to me, he's the son of Steve Earle and without being rude I think that he is going to be even better than his dad, his name is Justin Townes Earle  he is a

singer/songwriter that just writes wonderful heart wrenching songs, as an introduction listen to the album "Nothings Gonna Change the Way You Feel About Me Now" it contains some real gems like this one "Unfortunately, Anna" and the title track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7wS6YkAjd8

On the film front "Seven Psychopaths" was a little strange but in a really interesting way, I really enjoyed it, great cast Woody Harrelson, Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell and Christopher Walken. Looking forward to the "Life of Pi" next week.
Have a  lovely new year, let's hope for more great music and films with some fly fishing, great little pubs and lots of sunny days thrown in.

Comments