Valentine's Day Looms

Thursday February 14th, 2013 is only a few days away, this is your chance to be remembered forever.
I remember many years ago sending a Valentine's card to the one I loved, I decided to use an advert for a washing machine as my similie for her, it seemed like a good idea at the time, it had  phrases like "smooth surface", "super fast" and "efficient" together with "sensuously attractive" and "gorgeously aesthetic" which to my infatuated mind sounded like a really cool comparison. To cut a long story short, she opted for a total jerk who had the audacity to take the pluadits for my idea, claiming that the card was his. I was gutted, but my point is, I will never forget that Valentines day and neither will she, although probably not for the same reasons.

Delicious Belgian Chocolates and Truffles
One dozen best Red Roses
So now here we are again and it's time to make your mark, whether you be man, women, emotionally inept or down right curmudgeonly.
Here are a few of the more obvious choices that over the years have proven track records, wholly dependant upon the mental state of the recipient of couse.

Belgian Chocolates and Truffles are always a great appetizer, it's rumoured that some people actually prefer to them to *** and I know that there are a few calories involved but what the hell it's valentine's day.

If you don't have a weakness for chocolate then maybe the traditional red roses is your thing, very expensive and very classy these little beauties show that you really mean business.

Alternatively, there is the gift package where all the hard work has already been done, no need for complicated choosing, all you need to do is click the buy button on the webpage for Gift Packages and fill in a delivery address and that's it, mission accomplished. There are hundreds of gifts available to choose from on this site but the usual suspects can all be found on this Valentine's Page including single red roses, fresh flower hand tied bouquets and arrangements.

These are the more traditional gifts and symbols of love which, as I say, have passed the tests of time, there are of course other alternatives but some of these can lead to catastrophe, take myself as an example, a good many years ago I decided to break with tradition and have a bit of a laugh, so, I wrapped up a simple white cabbage in reams of red paper, it looked interesting and felt really heavy, which is often linked with expensive, I could hardly contain myself as she tore off the multiple layers I had carefully bound my lowly cabbage in, her eyes widened as it became apparant that my little ruse had spectacularly back fired and said "Are you on drugs?" We don't go out anymore!


Valentine's day Thursday, February 14th, 2013

Comments